Thursday 2 May 2013

Berlin and its snow

Berlin was snowing in march.... I was just walking around Kudam and it started snowing ever so lightly at first and then it started getting heavier....



Heavier and heavier.... like proper snow




The mix feeling that snow brings you.... Hmmm I don't know how to describe it! First I thought it was bothersome and spoiling my holiday but once it got thick and the ground was covered with snow I fell in love with it... Just looking at the snow flakes falling and everything was white and pretty it felt like the white Christmas I never had.


So I didn't let the wet, cold snow deter my plans of sight seeing Berlin city as I only had one day after the ITB to do that.

After a nice warm breakfast of german pretzels and croissants, We, my mom n I braved the cold and stepped out into the snow, it was a pretty sight but it was also excruciatingly cold. I was worried for mom but she too wanted to see the historical city of Berlin, so we blocked the cold out of our minds and hand in hand we started walking.




We took the U And S bahns everywhere and visited all the top spots. Rich in history where Hitler once ruled I was intrigued by it all.

We visited the Reichstag and the Brandenburg tor walked in and out of coffee shops because it was too cold to stand out in the snow for too long. We saw where check point Charlie was and visited the ever so famous Berlin Wall ...

We also had time to snap a picture with the Berlin bear, by this time my mom was freezing and it was so slippery we were walking slowly to shelter ... Haha... That's how it felt. Hence the saying ... walking on thin ice ....




We did a very German lunch.... I was happy with my bratwurst and curry wurst and truly enjoyed it. Mom had roast chicken and salat! She loved it too...

































But the snow was indeed a pretty sight ... And it was so beautiful to see the snow flakes there were actual designs that you see on decoration cards and stuff so actually seeing falling on my hair exactly the same design was amazing....
















The Sony centre was closed unfortunately but by the looks of it, it would have Been nice to go in. It was huge!!!! Well next time maybe.

We went out to dinner and decided to do Indian food that night.... Wow Germans really love Indian food, it was full house at this place called Amrit which decorated with Sarees draped all over. The food was ok, but being of Indian origin my standards maybe were slightly higher. Maybe I should think of opening a restaurant there... ;) ... im sure it will do pretty well.








Well all in all it was nice visiting snowy Berlin ....
-













 Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am a blogger & maintain http://www.seattlehotelsmotels.com/ and many other travel blogs .If you allow guest blogging I would be glad to write a blog post as a guest blogger.
    Please let me know if you’re interested. I think you’d be a great fit with our audience.
    If you'd like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at ratna.fp@gmail.com

    Looking forward to your reply!
    Thanks and Regards!
    Ratna Sharma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking cute.!!Make your holiday the best this year, and travel to see the beauty of Mombasa Cheap Mombasa Flight with both your family and friends with our special packages.

    ReplyDelete