Wednesday 31 October 2012

Gunung Raya, Langkawi...Serenity at its best.


When we think Langkawi we think beach, we think island, we think sea..... but there is another part of Langkawi that is untouched and often a time unseen by many and thats Gunung Raya.
Despite me visiting Langkawi several times either on work or for leisure i have never been to Gunung Raya, i just never got the chance. So this time i decided that im going to make that trip. So along with my me i took my pal Feli and we drove all the way up to this beautiful place. She's been meaning to take me for a long time so we finally made the time.
 A four wheel car is always better choice. Instead of driving up there is also the option of walking up from the Book Village but of cos we were just too lazy for that.








It was a nice journey up to Gunung Raya and as we were heading higher and higher it was getting cooler and cooler. It was definitely a contrast from the sun sea sand concept at the foot of this mountain.
When we reached right to top, we were amongst the clouds... it was such a nice feeling a cool wind blowing around us. We found a spot where we were overlooking half of the island. It was breathtaking. The view was amazing.








I was speechless! I just sat there and took it all in for a couple of minutes. This place was serene and you would  just feel like your floating on a cloud.
We went to the tower where its suppose to be the view point and the highest point in Langkawi which is 900 metres. Its only RM10 per person and a drink is on the house ( coffee or tea only)







We went up and as expected it was lovely, cool wind blowing at you with a temperature of probably 20 degrees and sipping on a hot cup of coffee. That was all i needed. I could have stayed on forever.








There was something about Gunung Raya that was enchanting. The green mountains around me looked so pretty and i had a sense of freshness all around me. Nature was calling out to me.... we saw some dusky leaf monkeys on the way simply adorable.




It gave Langkawi a new meaning, seeing how natural the surroundings were i was so happy that i made the trip up here. It was definitely worth my time.




This was indeed naturally Langkawi... now i know why .....


No comments:

Post a Comment