Friday 2 November 2012

Felt like d movies ... Ana n d King & Bridge over River Kwai

I just had to go and watch the movie after I visited the River Kwai in Bangkok, Thailand.

Its about 2 hours away from the city Bangkok with a little bit of traffic of course. I took a cab and it cost  1500 bht so its not too bad and the drive was a fairly comfortable one nice sceneries as you drive by but i think i slept thru most of the journey.

I went first to Kanchanaburi where the Tiger Sanctuary was located..... my... my... i was in for a shock... i thought at 1st these tigers were to be kept at arms lenght and we will just see them from a distance but to my surprise you can tickle them and play with them just like your own little pet. It was so sweet. They were really cute and didnt look like they were going eat you anytime soon at least....

I managed to sit next to one and snapped a photo... it was still scary even though they were tied up. The thought of one of the tigers pouncing on me never left my mind....

  Next up was my visit to the River Kwai .... there was bridge that linked Burma to Thailand which was the targer for frequent bombing raids back in the days during the world war.

Now a popular tourist attraction because it was made even more famous after the movie was done. They sell the DVD at every corner making you want to buy it so you need to watch and say "hey I've been there" ...



The river itself is very pretty and has a nice view from many of the restaurants there that you can choose from for your lunch. I wouldnt say the food was great though because it wasnt. Its just that there is no other choice but to eat at one of those places as there is no where else to go but there.














On the way back i visited my friends at Kantana Studios and got a tour of their movies sets and it was awesome i felt i was in Ana and King for a moment. It was nice to see all the set ups such as places and temples... also small remote villages. It was a great experience and lots of fun too.


All in all i really enjoyed the day trip out of the city for a while.... away from the hustle and bustle of the busy traffic in Bangkok. 

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your time in Thailand, I have to admit you are braver than me sitting with those tigers I'm not sure I could. Glad you had a great time there, Thanks for sharing experience with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its actually a great feeling when u sit next to her... U feel as confident and strong.

      Delete
  2. thanks for sharing ur experience, its always good to know more abt the world and after seeing ur courage to sit along with tiger makes me strong.. i can only says that u rocks the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mohit... theres more to read and enjoy... :)

    ReplyDelete